As many of you know, last year I took a job with Massdrop to take over the Men’s Style vertical of the company. After a year of hard work, some awesome products, and a $40 million Series B round, I’m looking to add someone to my team so that we can grow even faster. If that’s something you’re interested in, read on for more details.
You can find the job application here, which should answer most of your questions. In short, I’m looking for someone to join my buying team and help me source great products from awesome menswear brands.
Here are some of the cool things that you could do in this position:
- Talk with the companies and artisans that make all of your favorite things.
- Help design custom products and collaborations with popular brands.
- Travel to trade shows.
- Work with me and all of my awesome colleagues at a wonderful company.
Some things to note:
- This is not an entry level position. Although experience in the clothing industry is not a requirement, I need someone with experience in buying, sales, or some client-facing role. In short, I need someone that can jump on the phone on day one and negotiate hard with vendors.
- This is a full-time (and then some) position in San Francisco.
- Knowledge of menswear is great, but if you know a lot about watches, grooming products, or some specific subset of men’s style, that’s worth mentioning in a cover letter.
- If you are interested in this position you should apply to the link above instead of emailing me personally – my inbox is too full already.
If any of this sounds interesting, put in an application soon! I’m already interviewing candidates, so the sooner the better. If you’d be interested in a different position, be sure to check out the other openings as well.